You are here: Original Evidence: Archaeology, Landscape and Buildings » Further reading and resources
SURVEYS OF OXFORDSHIRE ARCHAEOLOGY
A.F.Martin and R.W.Steel, The
G.Briggs, J.Cook and T.Rowley, The Archaeology of the
The Solent Thames Archaeological Research Framework (2006-2009)
Arkell, W J, (1947), Oxford Stone, London.
Currie, C R J (1992), ‘Larger Medieval Houses in the Vale of White Horse’ Oxoniensia, 57 pp 81-244
Havinden, Michael (1965) Household and Farm Inventories in Oxfordshire, 1550-1590
Havinden, Michael (1966)
Paine, Crispin, and Rhodes, John (1979) The Worker's Home: small houses in Oxfordshire through three centuries
Pilling, J (1993), Oxfordshire Houses: a guide to local traditions.
Portman, Derek (1974) ‘Vernacular Building in the Oxford Region in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries’ in Rural Change and Urban Growth ed Chalklin and Havinden pp 135-168
Rodwell, Kirsty (ed) (1975) Historic Towns in Oxfordshire (Oxfordshire Archaeological Unit Survey no. 3)
Rhodes, John G (1980), Oxfordshire: a County and its People
Wood-Jones, R B (1963), Traditional Domestic Architecture of the Banbury Region.
Young, Arthur (1810) General View of the Agriculture of Oxfordshire
Selected individual locations
Pevsner, Nikolaus (1966) Buildings of
Spokes, P S (1960) ‘Some notes on the domestic architecture of Abingdon,
Thomas, M J (1979) Abingdon in Camera – portrait of a country town 1850-1950 Townsend, J (1910) A History of Abingdon
Catchpole, A, Clark, D and Peberdy, R (2008) Burford: buildings and people in a Cotswold town
Gretton, Mary Sturge (1944) Burford Past and Present
Gretton, R H (1920) The Burford Records – A Study in
Harley, Basil (1999) Burford’s Quaker Meeting House
Laithwaite, Michael (1973) ‘The Buildings of Burford’, in Alan Everitt (ed) Perspectives in English Urban History.
Moody, Raymond (2007) The Inns of Burford
Steane, John and Raines, Mike (1983) ‘Burford: The Bull’ South Midlands Archaeology 13 pp.86-8
John Blair and John Steane (1982) ‘Investigations at Cogges, Oxfordshire 1978-81: The Priory and Parish Church’ Oxoniensia , vol. xlvii